- A man opened fire early this morning against the Embassy of USA in Ankara, a few hundred metres from where the Russian Ambassador was murdered.
- The attacker fired a hunting rifle and shouted: “I swear in the name of God, do not you play with us”, IHA news agency reported.
- WARNING : the images may offend the sensibilities of readers: Video of the moment in which the Russian diplomat is shot.
- Putin said that the murder seeks to torpedo the arrangement in Syria.
- International condemnation for the attack against the Russian Ambassador in Ankara.
A man opened fire early this morning against the United States Embassy in Ankara, located a hundred metres from the place where a Turkish policeman killed on Monday to the Russian Ambassador in Turkey, Andrey Karlov .
The attacker was arrested by Embassy security personnel American and the incident caused no victims, reported the Turkish news channel NTV.
The attacker fired a hunting rifle and shouted: “ I swear in God’s name, do not play with us “, IHA news agency reported.
The loyalist local press Turkish accuses the CIA (the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency) of being behind the attack on the Russian Ambassador. United States announced closing its Embassy and consulates in Turkey during the day today, after the attacks of last night.
The US Embassy in Ankara and consulates in Istanbul and Adana, in the South of the country, will remain inactive for all Tuesday.
Iran has also announced the closure of its Embassy and consulates, and urged its citizens not to travel to Turkey, according to the newspaper Cumhurriyet reported.
The Iranian Embassy in Ankara and consulates in Istanbul Trabzon and Erzurum, in the North and East of the country, will also be closed during all Tuesday.